White Space Strategy shines light on disintermediation at first strategy summit
We are living in a time of extreme disruption. At this very moment there is a startup somewhere in the world plotting to transform the status quo of every industry, even yours. Disintermediation is a big part of this, with companies battling for control of the customer relationship.
White Space Strategy will be holding an innovative disintermediation summit at New College in Oxford on Thursday 21st September. There will be a range of speakers and panellists giving their opinions. Currently they include;
- Katy Gotch, Director of Strategy and Customer Experience, Argos
- Jeremy Basset, CEO, CO:CUBED and Former Head of Unilever Foundry
- Gerardo Montoya, Director Innovation & Strategic Projects, Volvo Group UK
- David Alexander, UK Contract Solutions Director, Centrica
- Chris Bosworth, Strategy Director, Close Brothers Motor Finance
- Matthew Griffin, Global Futurist & Tech Evangelist
- Jane Lucy, CEO, Labrador
Key discussion topics include:
- How are different sectors being disintermediated?
- What can established players do to mitigate the threats?
- What opportunities are arising to sell to customers directly?
- What does the future hold?
White Space Strategy have spoken to a wide range of market experts across key sectors including energy and utilities, financial services, FMCG and manufacturing. This primary research will be revealed at the summit in the form of an interactive workshop where attendees will be immersed to debate who’s going to win the battle for the customer relationship and how.
John Bee, Manging Director at White Space Strategy highlights how key this topic is for many businesses:
“Over the last six months we’ve been speaking to senior business leaders across a wide range of different sectors, and disintermediation keeps coming out as a key topic. We’ve had a great response so far and have got a fantastic range of speakers and panellists. It’s shaping up to be a fascinating summit.”