Business Analysts at White Space Strategy provide the core of the research and analysis on projects. The quality of our work for clients depends on the commitment, passion and curiosity of our analysts.
Every day is different, but most will include some (or many) of the following activities:
- Conducting in-depth research online
- Telephone research and leading telephone interviews
- Data analytics and modelling using Excel, Alteryx, SPSS or Tableau
- Analysing research gathered to draw conclusions for our clients
- Writing or delivering PowerPoint presentations to clients
- Supporting new project sales across the business
We don’t specialise, so analysts work across a range of projects and industries, and are comfortable juggling their time across a variety of tasks and projects.
White Space encourages new starters to take on responsibility early, and we look to fast-track progression through regular reviews. We provide mentorship and career development support and offer a competitive salary.
We are looking for candidates with a 2:1 (achieved or expected) in any subject. We look to foster a diverse and inclusive environment, and what we really value is:
Passion: enthusiasm for business and new challenges
Curiosity: desire to know more about the world around you and how you can make a difference
Personality: ability to write and speak in an engaging way
Acuity: interest in the big picture and precision around the important details
While business experience is not essential, good communication skills (particularly on the phone), willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done and the ability to build a rapport with people are particularly valuable. The ability to handle multiple priorities within a deadline-driven environment is essential.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Analysts at White Space gain early exposure to a wide range of activities, and can expect to gain skills allowing them to:
- Analyse data in Excel, Tableau and Alteryx
- Conduct complex depth telephone interviews with market experts
- Draw clear strategic conclusions from large/complex data sets
- Write strategic slides
- Present with confidence to senior clients
Our strategy is to promote from within, and we continuously look for opportunities to develop and promote staff within our business. Top performers are typically promoted within a year, and we offer fast-track routes to Team Leadership positions.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
At White Space, we take pride on creating an environment where our employees can have fun working with smart people on great projects that make a difference – all without losing your personal life! Other benefits include:
- Responsibility and freedom to take ownership of your work from Day 1
- Client exposure as soon as you start
- Frequent appraisals and opportunities for merit-based promotion
- A senior mentor assigned to support you on your development journey
- Ability to WFH part of the week at all levels of the company (post probation)
- Up to four weeks per year of 100% remote working
- Weekly company socials in our in-house bar
- Summer and Christmas company-wide social events, as well as others throughout the year
We are unable to sponsor post-study/ tiered visa applications. Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.