- Competitive Strategy
We help companies understand and head off competitive threats, unblocking the pathway to growth.
Sometimes new competitors emerge, often with entirely new business models. At others old threats regenerate themselves, or take a fresh approach which threatens to change the game. Either way, understanding and heading off these challenges is vital to secure future revenues and, in extreme cases, survival.
White Space have a unique approach which allows us to analyse competitors directly and also through the eyes of their customers. This enables us to evaluate individual competitors and to create an overview of whole markets. We combine this analysis with an understanding of our clients’ strengths, weaknesses, pain points and preconceptions, which means we can pinpoint where the problem really lies and how best to tackle it.
Typical questions a competitive strategy project answers:
- What are the true strengths and weaknesses of the competition?
- How, looking behind the scenes, are competitors run? How are they able to do what they’re doing?
- What ‘unknown unknowns’ are out there we need to be aware of?
- How do we need to change if we are to win the battle?
Recent projects include:
- FTSE 100 insurer: How do we combat comparison sites?
- Global energy company: Is our market about to be disrupted?
- Major credit cards issuer: How do we protect against pay day loans companies?