We are White Space Strategy Ltd – an independent strategy consultancy based in Oxford, UK. Company number: 5535151
Our website address is: http://whitespacestrategy.com
Our contact details are: 102-104 St Aldates, Oxford, OX1 1BT, 01865 793800
We are a data controller in relation to the processing activities described below, registered with the UK Information Commissioner, registration number Z123390X. By being a data controller we are able to decide how and why your personal data is processed. We are also responsible for that processing. Our ICO register entry can be found at https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Search
This policy may occasionally change, so please check this page to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
Our key guiding principles are:
- We only collect and store personal information from Whiteboard Magazine or White Space Strategy Ltd that’s been provided to us with consent or when visitors choose to share our content on their own social media platforms
- This information is held securely in full accordance with GDPR and the Data Protection Act (2018)
- We don’t sell personal information to other companies or third parties – nor will we ever
- We’re very happy to provide any individual with a copy of the personal information we hold relating to them, and to delete information we hold on them – just email us using the address provided below and we’ll respond quickly
Personal information you give to us:
This information is provided by you voluntarily and includes personal information. The information you provide may include, but is not limited to, things like your name, email address, phone number, details of any requirement you have and other business and contact information.
This is information about you that you give to us when:
- Providing information via our website, whitespacestrategy.com, or any of our microsites, including any webforms
Engaging with us by email, phone, social media, or any other way
- Engaging with us through third party networking channels such as LinkedIn
- Conversing with us at events
- We provide services to a client for whom you may work
- We receive services from a supplier for whom you may work
- Completing or being involved in surveys, interviews or other forms of research that we are conducting
Contact form – Newsletter
If you would like to subscribe to our newsletter, you will provide us with your email address. This will be kept in our CRM system and used to send you our newsletter periodically. If you would no longer like to receive our newsletter, you can unsubscribe at any time using a link in the email, or by contacting us as detailed below. We do not share or sell your email address or contact information.
Sharing content on social media
If you use a link on our website to share content on social media, the plugin we use will collect your public profile data. This data includes your first name, last name, email address, link to your social media profile, unique identifier, link to social profile avatar. This is only collected if you choose to login, and only after granting permission. This data is used to create your user profile at our website. You can revoke this consent at any time using the procedure below.
Personal information we may collect from you:
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos or images). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Personal information we may receive from other sources:
We obtain certain personal information about you from other sources.
Our clients may provide us with contact data, correspondence they’ve had with customers, operational or behavioural data linked to their customers.
Data may be received from
- Our suppliers (contact, biographical, employment, correspondence, fraud, behavioural)
- Our clients (behavioural, contact, correspondence, identity)
We may collect and store additional personal data from other third parties, including information such as your LinkedIn profile address, company office address and company email format.
We have a legitimate interest to process personal data relating to decision makers and budget holders in medium-to-large sized organisations. Data is collected primarily for the purpose of compiling a database of business contacts to be used for business-to-business marketing.
The data collected is limited to firmographic data such as names of decision-making stakeholders, their job titles, company telephone numbers and corporate email addresses. Reasonable steps are taken to ensure that data is accurate.
For subject access requests, use the contact information at the bottom of this page.
Use of Information
We use personal information collected on Whiteboard Magazine or White Space Strategy Ltd for White Space Strategy’s sales and marketing purposes. This includes contacting site visitors when we have a legitimate reason to do so, or this is in their personal interest. The aim of this is to promote the services of White Space Strategy Ltd or to gain feedback on the quality of content and user experience provided by our websites.
We also analyse site usage data to inform the development of future content for our websites, to ensure content is relevant and interesting to site visitors.
If required to do so, we will use personal information to comply with any legal obligations we have to meet, under the direction of legal experts.
We use your personal information (where you have consented to us doing so) to pursue our business interests, including:
- Promoting our services and business
- To manage our alumni network
- If required to comply with our legal obligations
We share your data with two partners for the purpose of website analytics and insight into user preferences as described above. We use Google Analytics and Hubspot for data processing and storage. Both of these organisations are well known, highly reputable world leaders in their fields. You can read their privacy policies here:
Data stored on our HubSpot CRM database is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) in the United States and in Germany.
Google Analytics stores data on many servers in the United States and in other worldwide locations.
We don’t pass on your data to any other third parties, and we will never sell your data.
We primarily retain your data to send our newsletter and to make sure we only approach site visitors with relevant information about Whiteboard Magazine or White Space Strategy Limited. We hold personal data until a user notifies us that they no longer wish to receive our newsletter or other communications from us.
To ensure we store data securely
- Data is held securely in our cloud-based CRM system or secure server environment
- Two-factor authentication implemented to access contact data
- Customer databases are stored securely and password protected
- Staff are restricted to accessing contact data relevant to them
What data breach procedures we have in place
We monitor data for breaches, and have a data breach policy as part of our data protection policy. Key elements of this policy are:
- Notifying key bodies about the breach where appropriate
- Containing the breach as far as possible
- Identifying the cause and nature of the breach
- Performing an audit of the situation to ensure data is fully protected in future
You have rights around your personal information under data protection law. Under the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the right to find out what information organisations store about you. These including the right to
- Be informed about how your data is being used
- Access personal data
- Have incorrect data updated
- Have data erased
- Stop or restrict the processing of your data
- Data portability (allowing you to get and reuse your data for different services)
- Object to how your data is processed in certain circumstances
You can see more about data projection law here https://www.gov.uk/data-protection
Changes to this Policy
We may review this policy from time to time and changes will be posted as an updated version to our Websites. Any changes will take effect yearly unless we state otherwise. We suggest that you regularly check for any changes and review any updates to this policy.
At any point, you can request a copy of the data we hold on you by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to write to us, please write to White Space Strategy Ltd, 102-104 St Aldates, Oxford, OX1 1BT. If you would prefer to speak to us, please call +441865 793800.
You can send an email to the same address and request that data about you is removed from our systems. We will confirm to you that this has been carried out within a period of 72 (working) hours.